Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mission statement

In 1983 I received a Bachelor of Science in Art Education from the University of Wisconsin-Stout. In 1987 I received a masters in Fine Arts in sculpture from the University of Arizona.

I have been blacksmithing professionally for the past 25 years. Drawn to the placid nature of hot metal, forging has become my passion. Having worked primarily on commissioned pieces, I miss the rewards of teaching. Being in the visual arts, it is my intention to share my knowledge with others.

“Strike while the iron is hot.” When metal is heated to approximately 2000 degrees it becomes almost claylike. After some basic techniques have been learned, the students imagination is the only limitation. The student will be encouraged to design a piece suitable to their individual style and skill level. At the same time, the instructor will continue to push the envelope as to possibilities and potential outcome of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment